Membership in a Congregation
There are different types of members:
- Baptized members have been received into the church by the Sacrament of Holy Baptism in this congregation. You are also baptized if you have been previously baptized in the name of the Triune God, and have been received by certificate of transfer from another Lutheran congregation or by affirmation of faith.
- Confirmed members are baptized persons who have been:
- Confirmed at Gloria Dei.
- Received by adult baptism or by transfer as confirmed members from other Lutheran congregations.
- Baptized persons received by affirmation of faith.
- Voting members are confirmed members who have received communion at Gloria Dei and made a contribution of record to this congregation. Voting members have the privilege of voice and vote at every regular and special meeting of the Gloria Dei congregation as well as the other rights and privileges given to voting members by the provisions of Gloria Dei's constitution and its bylaws.
- Associate members hold membership in other Christian congregations but want to participate in the life and mission of Gloria Dei. Associate members have all the privileges and duties of membership except voting rights or other rights and privileges that are given to voting members by the provisions of Gloria Dei's constitution and bylaws.